Whippet Wisdom has been nominated for a Liebster Award by Violet Parsons at Crazy Cat Mama. We only started blogging four weeks ago and this nomination came totally out of the blue. We are delighted to accept this award with gratitude and love for Violet and her felines.
Violet lives in Northumberland, England, and is taking a course in animal care and welfare management. Her dream job is to become a cat behaviourist. If you want to check out Violet’s blog and follow her adventures with her beautiful cats Dee, Neo and Lemmy please click the link above.
Below are the ten questions that Violet asked me:
- What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about life, love, nature, dogs and animal welfare.
- What is your favourite animal (wild or domesticated)?
My favourites are both dogs and wild horses.
- What is your favourite food/meal?
Grilled salmon with peppers, courgettes and wild rice.
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
Through our involvement with several rehoming charities and shelters and our many adoptions of rescue animals over the years it feels as if we are all working very hard to heal the symptoms without addressing the cause. If there was a way of bringing together a group of experts from different parts of the world who could come up with a peaceful solution that would end all animal suffering, I would happily give it all to that.
- What is your favourite pastime?
Walking in nature with my husband and our dogs.
- What is your favourite genre of books?
I have two favourites: non-fiction and poetry.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
To a dog-friendly cottage in Assynt, Western Highlands.
- What is your happiest memory?
Meeting my husband.
- What is your religion/belief system?
I believe in God. He has guided me throughout my life and his light and love have helped others through my work and my art.
- What does love mean to you?
Love to me is the breath of life.
For the next part I have been asked to open the closet and reveal eleven random facts about myself:
- English is my second language.
- I am a newbie to blogging and social media.
- Puerto Vallarta in Mexico is one of the favourite places I visited in my younger days.
- I am no longer as fast as our whippets.
- I went to see The Clash six nights in a row at the Lyceum in London (early 1980’s).
- Pilates, yogalates and yoga keep me bendy.
- My paintings have hung on hospital walls during Art Well exhibitions.
- I ran a mini-series of voluntary workshops on colour healing at a women’s prison.
- In 1987 I spent three months hitch-hiking through the Middle East and sleeping under the stars.
- I stopped drinking coffee six months ago and feel so much more awake.
- I love growing our own fruit and vegetables in a doggie-proof part of our garden.
Having consulted with our lurcher and two whippets, these are the blogs we nominate with love for the Liebster award:
I appreciate and am grateful for the creativity and the sharing of these bloggers’ thoughts which are so inspirational to others.
Accepting a nomination can be a bit time-consuming and if you do not fancy doing the award I can totally understand.
If you choose to accept, here are your questions put together by our canine-human blogging team:
- Do you believe in miracles?
- Is there someone you would like to thank who said the right words to you at the right time?
- What is your favourite walk?
- What are your favourite creations in nature?
- If you could be an animal for a day, what would you like to be?
- What makes you happy?
- What do you treasure most in your relationship with your pet(s)/best friend?
- What inspires you?
- What makes you laugh?
- Do you have any advice for newbie bloggers?
- What question would you love to answer, that we did not ask?
If you decide to do this, it is easier to save the award picture and rules as a photo and upload it yourself.
We send you all so much love,
Seamus, Eivor, Pearl and Xenia