Thank you so much dear Ismath for my nomination for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’, big wags and hugs for you!
Ismath is an avid reader and poet who lives in Dubai and if you are not familiar with her writings please go and check out her wonderful blog ‘mychoice360’ .
The One Lovely Blog Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
The rules for the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Display the award in your post and on your blog.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate seven bloggers and let them know you nominated them.
- For those of you who did not know already, I live in the Scottish Highlands with my husband and two adopted rescue whippets.
- I was born in The Netherlands and speak four languages.
- Many family members and friends have died young and this has taught me to enjoy life and live in the moment.
- I enjoy reading poetry more than anything else, especially on those long winter nights in front of a roaring fire.
- My interest in creative writing developed after I became involved in a narrative medicine project whilst working as a complementary therapist.
- Spending time in nature is now part of our daily life and is where a lot of my inspiration comes from, especially when we encounter wildlife.
- In addition to hiking with the dogs and spending time in nature I have always been a great lover of live music. When we lived in London and in Edinburgh we were spoiled for choice and could watch all our musical heroes play live. Here in the Highlands it is very different. Those big names do not come here and what we have here instead is something very special. People make music themselves, they gather in pubs and in parks with their instruments and play sessions. Many young Scottish musicians travel the country to the smallest village halls and bars to play a gig. Their audience is sometimes really small, yet very appreciative and there is a lot of magic in that. Just to give you an idea of a typical Scottish band journeying to play for a small audience I am including a ten-minute video below from Roddy Woomble and his band filmed in Easdale Island, Argyll. It shows some Scottish scenery and weather, the type of cottages we live in and the general bonhomie when the music is played.
And here is the list of bloggers I would like to nominate for the award:
- Subhash Chatterji’s blog with photographs and loving words.
- The lovely poetry blog The New Leaf.
- Yasmin’s beautiful poetry blog.
- The wonderful Marie and her poetry blog The Syllabub Sea
- Young writer, poet and musician Jesus Garcia II and his blog Setting Words Alight
- Miriam, the animal loving freelance writer and her blog Out An’ About.
- The heart-warming blog The Blessing Of Animal Companions.
You are under no obligation to accept the award, just know that you and your blogs are loved and appreciated!
A special big thank you to Eivor and Pearl, who make me write down their thoughts and without whom this blog would not exist. We are not chasing an elusive publishing deal, we write for the joys of it and want to keep it fun.
We send lots of love to all of you who visit here, you are all lovely bloggers to us!
Eivor, Pearl and Xenia xxx
Photograph by Xenia Tran, edited in windows photo editor.
Camera: Lumix Panasonic FZ38, setting: Outdoor Action
Daily Prompt: Elusive